Working with Wayne was the best decision we made this year. For college application essays, Wayne was able to help my son shape his ‘story’ in a way that was unique and filled with information that spotlighted his personality and accomplishments. My son has been admitted to 7 colleges to date-including three public Ivy’s!
-a proud Chamblee Charter High School parentAcademic Coaching includes
- college entrance and internship applications for high school students, as well as adults returning for advanced degrees with a success rate of 85%
- Classroom writing issues
- Magnet school applications and portfolios
- SAT essay exam
- Dissertation writing and editing guidance for Ph.D. candidates
- Nonfiction books and academic journal articles for academics and professionals
Similar to creative coaching, academic coaching empowers the writer, enhances skills and focuses the story for effective, engaging writing. This includes guidance on content development, research, mechanics, grammar, punctuation, as well as project management with accountability.
Along with my professional and creative writing experience, I am a CRLA-certified tutor with over six years’ collegiate experience guiding undergraduates in writing class essays, application essays, research papers and speeches, as well as crafting PowerPoint presentations.
Wayne was a godsend for our family as we prepared our introverted 14-year-old daughter to audition for the DeKalb School of the Arts with a major in creative writing. He gave excellent suggestions to improve her writing samples and prepared her for the 25-minute writing audition, as well as the interview process. Most of all, he really helped boost her confidence. Wayne is professional, organized, reliable, and a great communicator. He was easy to work with and encouraged parental involvement in the process. With Wayne’s help, our daughter gained admission, and we are thrilled.
Academic Coaching / Editing (High School, Undergrad, Grad, Post-Grad)
$80 / hour, by phone/Skype/email
- half-hour minimum, then billed in 1/4-hour increments
$80 / hour, content evaluation, editing and/or meeting prep
- billed at $20 per 1/4-hour increment
$80 / hour, in person, in addition to
- $20/hour surcharge by appointment at Century Lake Office Park, Atlanta, less than one mile off Interstate 85 on Clairmont Road OR City of Light off Chamblee Tucker Road near Spaghetti Junction
- travel fee of hourly + mileage for meetings at your home, office or preferred location
- one-hour minimum, then billed in 1/2-hour increments
Contact Wayne to request an appointment.
Wayne brought concepts and strategies to a level my daughter understood, even using analogies between writing and dance, her passion. He helped her examine and break information into manageable pieces, then organize her thoughts and work to make the writing process more natural. She meets weekly via telephone and likes his clear explanations. I like her positive progress and how he encourages her to come up with a solution rather than providing it.